Who we are
This service is run by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
We'll handle the information you give to use according to the ESFA personal information charter.
When you register on this service, the personal information you give us will be used:
- for administration and research purposes
The nature of your personal data we will be using
The categories of your personal data that we will be using for this service are:
- Your name
- Your organisation
- Your work email address
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
In order for our use of your personal data to be lawful, we need to meet one (or more) conditions in the data protection legislation. For the purpose of this service the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out int he public interest. In this case it is necessary for the department to process your data to enhance the service offering to our users.
How long we will keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) of this service, after which point it will be securely destroyed. This will usually be 7 years after the end of each contract.
If you have not signed in for 366 days, we will delete your account and remove your personal details. You will need to register again to use the service.
Please note that, under Data Protection Legislation and in compliance with the relevant data processing conditions, we can lawfully keep personal data processed purely for research and statistical purposes indefinitely.
Your data protection rights
You have the right:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you need to contact us regarding any of the above, please do so via the DfE site at https://www.gov.uk/contact-dfe. Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner's website at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/.
The right to lodge a complaint
If you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, you have the right to raise any concerns with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) via their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated in December 2020.
Further information about the ESFA can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/education-and-skills-funding-agency.